Update #4

Monday, June 6, 2011

O Lord God Almighty, who is like you?

You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness

surrounds you.

This week has taught me of the great faithfulness that characterizes our heavenly Father. Day by day, He has been revealing to us those who are hungry for himself. Evan spoke at 3D (COJ’s evangelistic meeting) on Wednesday and challenged students if they were assured of their own salvation. This led to two days incredible of answered prayers.

We knew we had to be bold with the girls in Benjemijn after this talk, and their reactions required a response worthy of praise. However, feeling slightly ill and tired on Thursday and Friday, I was unsure if I was going to be of any use. I really understood for the first time that the Lord simply requires us to be faithful and obedient while He does all the work (Psalm 127:1- Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain). I have not seen him draw as near to me as he did in those two days. His power and faithfulness were evident, because nothing in me could have broken through to those girls. As we would meet with girls, we were able to push past salvation facades they had built up. Once the girls were honest and admitted where they stood before His throne, we began to dive in the Word and go through the Life Issue books (4 books that answer common questions of Christianity, while simultaneously going through the Gospel of John) with 10+ girls. These girls are consistently coming to 3D, Bible study, and our Friday night events.

We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. 1 Thessalonians 2:8

The Lord has granted our team such a love for each of these girls in Benjemijn and we can’t wait to see His next move in their lives. I have learned so much from each of these girls through their personal stories, struggles, questions, and desires. The Lord has been so faithful and I have never seen Him more tangible. I’m so thankful for this opportunity in my life to grow in boldness, love, and the promises of the Lord. Though I am starting miss home, seeing the Lord work in such beautiful ways makes every moment worth it. This place is beginning to feel more and more like home.... but don’t worry mom, I’ll see you on July 1st. Thank you all for your prayers! There is no hope for us without calling out to the Lord and begging him to make his glory known.

Sincerely,

Karen

You heaves above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the Lord, have created it. Isaiah 45:8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive